Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Delft vase number 180 letters on bottom, u above logo d and…

Customer Question
delft vase number 180 letters...
delft vase number 180 letters on bottom, u above logo d and b on right hand side of logo. made in holland below logo.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/16/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

I do not know how to send a picture.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

My son is coming by later today and I will try to comply. I am 75 and this is out of my league.

You can send images at any time - no rush, there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

I received your images, thank you for them and for your patience.

The mark on your Delft vase is for Oud Delft (Old Delft) which was founded by Roelof Elshout in 1920 in Nijmegen and active until 1995 when they were bought by Delftsche Huys.

Delft is a Dutch city and also a type of pottery from Holland. It is technically tin glazed earthenware, the majority being white with blue handpainted underglaze decoration. In England and Italy glazed earthenware is called majolica and in France it is called faience.

Here is a link for you to a comparable Oud Delft vase #180 that sold for $400:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/oud-10-floral-vase-180-highly-503471021

Expect to garner around the same amount for your vase as well.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora