Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

1894 souvenir international exposition pewter shoe

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/16/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Does it say "Souvenir California Midwinter International Exposition 1894"

~Nora

If you had attached images here of your souvenir shoe, I am not able to see them here on my end.

Here are links for you to some comparables and their prices, that may possibly be a match to your object:

This example sold for $20.50:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1894-san-francisco-international-exposition-metal

This one sold for $23.13:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1894-california-midwinter-fair-souvenir-women

$38:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1894-california-midwinter-10780196

$23.17:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1894-california-midwinter-exposition-406597868

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora