Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a table and chair set made or reclaimed lumber and

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...
Hello, I have a table and chair set made or reclaimed lumber and what looks to be like old log cabin timbers that has been under water for a 1000 years or more , most likely more !!! Also looks to have been a fire before going under water. I have never seen anything like it. EVER !!!! Iv been looking all over the web to find something to compare, NOT FOUND !!!! It's been 3 years . I'm still looking . can you help me? L.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
1/15/2016
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 2 years ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello My name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Could you post a few photos of the set for review. Also, do the chairs look to be normal size as a chair today or they are smaller? Are there any names, markings or design on the set? All of this helps in evaluating the set for age, condition and value. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Hi Tanya, Thank you for your response. The table and chairs are in storage, it will take a day or 2 to uncover them. what I can tell you is that they are normal size chairs for sitting. their is a name or logo on the table in hand righting. hard to read. I can tell this was a custom build as it can be ONLY ONE OF A KIND. !!! It Belongs in or at a log cabin resort or custom ranch. The Reclaimed log cabin lumber is AMAZZING !!!! Its what the backs of the chairs are made of. If you can amagine a cabin chiseled by hand a thousand years ago or more,.... catching on fire,..... the rains come,..... cabin collapses into a river or lake..... someone finds the old lumber, reclaimed it and built this odd, one of a kind, Piece of some ones HISTORY. Iv been looking on line for something this for 4 years now . NOTHING COMPARES ... Thanks Lady Tanya. I Will Get The Photos ASAP. Laura

Hi Laura Thank you I look forward to seeing the pieces. They do sound wonderful. I will watch for the photos. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Tanya, I have taken some pics of the chairs on my husbands smart phone and can't get them on to the computer . Do u have a smart phone number I can send them to? Thanks! Laura
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 1 year ago

I am not allowed to give out my number unless you pay an additional charge for the phone call. That is the rule of the company here. Can you by chance send them by email from his phone? ***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65 in antiques" they will in turn forward them to me. I will send a phone call request but only accept if you know it will cost more. I want to make sure you know all of the options.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm Sorry...! If your company won't allow u to make an exception in this matter I feel like I've been scammed for money, not everyone has the technology to keep up with the PC. I will not let a company like yours suck me for more Money!!!!! Ask .com is not for me.... Keep the money, sounds like u need it more than me. Your company failed me. Get a better Job . !!! Thanks. Laura

I am so sorry Laura. I have nothing to do with the company I just answer questions. That is why I wanted to let you know first of the cost. Please allow me to contact the company and see if I can give you my personal number for photos. I do wish to help you and I will contact them and see what they say. I want them to say it is ok before sending it so I dont get into trouble. I will post back here when I hear back.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur