Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a beer stein, supposedly from Germany WWII. My uncle

Customer Question

I have a beer stein , supposedly from Germany WWII. My uncle said he found it in a tavern and it was the only thing left standing. The year was 1947. It stands 6 ft 1/2 in. There is no top. I would like to know its history, where it is from and its value. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are unable to read it the dates on the stein are 1898 and 1901. Also 1/2 L. I would like a translation as to what the inscriptions say as well. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction. It stands 6 1/2 inches. :)
:
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

If you can please send more clear, in-focus images of the wording painted on this, I can help.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images, please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is an antique German Regimental Stein. Here is a link for you of an auction of various Regimental steins from the same period and their sale estimates:

http://www.garykirsnerauctions.com/auct1401/HTML1401.HTM

This auction house will also be the best company to contact so you can get a free and accurate translation of all the text on your stein:

http://www.garykirsnerauctions.com/

~Nora