How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an antique set of Japanese porcelain that has

Customer Question

I have an antique set of Japanese porcelain that has printing on the bottom that looks like a mountain/volcano with two lines under it like a cloud that looks like the name Fukagama in scroll print and under that is ARITA HAND PRINTED. I found the name Fukagawa, on the net but not this one. It is a gold and silver painted bamboo trees pattern. Is this the same as Fukagawa? My father gave it to my mother in the early 50s. Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.


In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.


Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.


I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I decided to cancel this membership.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for responding back to me.