Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I acquired two bronze sculptures in the mid-1980's. I

Customer Question

I acquired two ***** ***** bronze sculptures in the mid-1980's. I would like to know their approximate worth. "Lean and Mean," the longhorn steer is 4"high by 9"wide. "Left-over," the hound, is 8.5"wide by 7.5" high. Will include pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I have an appointment and will need to pursue this further this afternoon. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Any time is fine, no rush. ~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,
Here is a picture of "Left Overs" by ***** ***** and a picture of his signature mark. Hope you are able to make them out as this is about the best we can do. I will be sending a picture of "Lean and Mean," the longhorn steer next. For some reason, the website will not allow me to add but two files at a time. Thanks!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, am having quite a bit of trouble having your website accept my files. Is there any other way, such as text or email, that I can get these images to you? Thanks.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

On today's auction market, the re-sale value of ***** ***** limited edition bronze figural sculptures is $400 - $500. Re-selling at auction is called the secondary market. Currently, his primary market, meaning gallery or studio sales of fresh works is significantly higher. This is not unusual for contemporary artists. The insurance or replacement value would be more in line with your original purchase price and the current primary gallery/studio sale prices.

~Nora