Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a mystery vase which has stumped too many. It is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****.I have a mystery vase which has stumped too many. It is unmarked, has arts & crafts type colors in earth tones with snowdrops etc..
It is an 11" vase, which has been molded a la Weller, but has onion shaped element ast top of vase which was seemingly done on a wheel,and the fool has been hand finished as well. There are vertical stemlikeelementsthat rise out of thelower body decorating thenece, and then floweres in rich earthy glases below... WNot marked. Got it from coast of Maine
Picture One: http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/UUB8QeEO/Arts+and+crafts+snowdrops+crocus+vase+1.JPG
Picture Two: http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/AGAwmh2f/Arts+and+crafts+vase+snowdrops+crocus+2.JPG
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Happy 2016 my name is***** am happy to help you. I looked at the two pictures you sent. They are too dark to see the details. Could you take them again in natural light? Also include a clear one of the bottom.

Thanks Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please use***@******.***...That way I can attach the picture more easily...Thanks! Leaving for evening tho, so will send it tomorrow. It's been a challenge and I look forward to your thoughts!

We are not are not permitted to use outside email. You can send an email with attached pictures to:***@******.*** put it attention Tim in antiques. I am taking Sat. off and will look at them on Sunday. Have a great evening!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos already sent.I am hoping new pictures allow better information on the earthenware vase. Please let me know if you are still on this.

Hi yes I am still on this the pictures arrived and I am going through my reference material. the one of the bottom is too angled to get a clear look at it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about this one?

Thank you much better.

I have searched my reference library and data bases and can not find your mystery vase. I will direct you to someone who specializes in art pottery. David Rago, *****@******.***

Rago Arts and Auctions
333 North Main Street, Lambertville, NJ 08530
Phone:(###) ###-####

If any one can identify it he is the one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your efforts! It's been a frustration, I know. I've had it 8 years... Very kind of you, and hope your week is lightened by not having this on your plate! All best, Jane

Thank you Jane. It almost looks like Weller or Roseville but not quite. Roseville did a number of experimental pieces that did not go into production. So that is one possible explanation. All the best in your quest.

Cheers Tim