Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have Mappin & Webb Silver Teapot with Tichaud, London &

Customer Question

I have Mappin & Webb Silver Teapot with Tichaud, London & Shefield, #w253940 & a # ***** at the bottom. What can you tell me about this piece & does it have any value?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is Richaud & not tichaud
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

The marks you describe are silver plate marks, rather than sterling.

I can date the teapot for you if you are able to get me a clear photo of the mark. Font, placement of letters, etc. all affect the dating of the marks. "Richaud" doesn't come up in any of the marks I've seen, so I'm curious to see it.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent two more pictures, did you receive them? I hope you can give me a little more information on the tea pot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very disappointed with the response. I already knew it was silver plate as it is stamped "Princess silver plate". I was hopeful of getting at least a tiny piece of new information. This is a rip off.

I did not receive the photos. I'd be happy to get you more information, but I do need to see those photos. In no way did I say or imply I was done with helping you.

Alternately, I'm happy to request a refund for you if you do not wish to go further.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will resend photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want a refund. I sent four photos two separate times. No response. You told me it was silver plate, which I already knew. I was hopeful in getting a tiny piece of NEW information, which never happened. A refund will be appreciated.
PS Glad I did not sign up for trial.