Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Nora. My name is ***** *****. I have an oak Angelus desk I

Customer Question

Customer: Hey Nora. My name is ***** *****. I have an oak Angelus desk I am trying to value. I am told it is at least 85 years old. At one time it was used by an executive of Bank of America. The desk is in pretty good shape and has the original finish. Any ideas as to where I may be able to find a value? Thanks.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does your site permit any picture uploads? The desk has 6 drawers, 3 on the left side, 2 on the right side and a middle drawer. None of the drawers have metal slides.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes. Actually I am headed out to dinner. I will bookmark your site and get back, probably tomorrow. Thanks and have a good evening.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the request here. At your convenience, please add photos.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My board shows you responded back to me here today, but I do not see anything posted....

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Nora regarding the Angelus Desk valuation dialogue we started on the 15th of December. I had asked about attaching a picture to the file to assist. Unfortunately, the holidays, family and travel got in my way. You had inquired on the 19th and the 21st but I wasn't able to reply. I hope we can pick up where we left off as I was billed and paid $38. Thanks.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I see your response posted here now. No problem, we can pick up and continue the valuation on the desk. Feel free to send over the images at any time here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful. Give me a moment while I pull up the directions.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Here they are:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a button +add files and I have appended 3 .JPGs
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Great. Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You bet.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There are 3 front view images of the desk attached here. Can you please include a clear in-focus image of the maker stamp, label or tag and a view of a front exterior corner of a drawer so I can see the construction of the joinery.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure Nora. I will have to leave the office to go to the storage unit to acquire an image. It is my in-laws desk and they have moved into a independent living apartment and we have stored a bit of their stuff. May I get back to you around 3 PM PST? Your text# ***** the 510. I'm up in the 805.I seem to recall the joints are dovetailed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Anytime is fine, I'm on East Coast Time - the 412 and the 917 :)

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, the pictures I'm trying to send you are being rejected as the file is too large. Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the resized pictures will get through.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Great - thank you.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience.

Your vintage office or work desk by Angelus Furniture Manufacturing Company from LA, CA can date to as early as the 1920's and not later than the 1940's. On today's market, the high average sale price is $200 - $400.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora