Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Tete Jumeau 1907. 18" Bebe with her head, with beautiful

Customer Question

Tete Jumeau 1907. 18" Bebe with her head, with beautiful sausage curls open mouth with all her teet and lovely expression, plus wonderful antique clothing, may have been original to the doll. Antique slip and pantaloons. Replaced shoes and hat, but they were quite beautiful. She was a perfect doll until my Siberian cat sneaked in behind me as I started to pack my dolls to be moved to my new home. There I will have ample locked cabinets to protect the precious dolls. Aleesha my precious (my kitty) loves dolls, and saw her sitting in a chair. She decided this Jumeau was just her size and should be hers. I am crying because my Jumeaus precious head is broken. What would her value have been, Perfect body, except some lost papier mache on both hands. Wonderful face...o dear, I am so sad. Is it possible to find a new head for her? I have saved her teeth and eyes. Perhaps there is a doll head looking for a Jumeau body this size.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!
.

What size was she?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only approximate now. Between 17-19".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You see from my question that her head is broken into 50 tiny pieces. Only her neck remains. I wanted an apraisal on a doll like her to see if it would be worth searching for a head and repairing her. I belive her body style could be used with another Jumeau head. Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Are you only looking for a body, not a value of what the doll would have been worth?