Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painting I'd like to find out about. Can I upload a

Customer Question

Customer: I have a painting I'd like to find out about. Can I upload a picture here?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I manage a consignment shoppe and would like to be certain of the value of this piece on behalf of my client
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 37"W x 28"H its has been reframed so I can't see much on the backside except a whole in the paper reveals the back of canvas which appears to be yellowed with age.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the dimension. There is one image attached here of the signature. Please add a view of the entire front of the painting and a more clear, in-focus image of the signature.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent another picture this morning...has it been received? I will attach again in case.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image. A more clear, in-focus image of the entire front the fits the picture and the frame into one view will be helpful.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time I upload another picture it keeps saying unknown error occurred and I really don't know what else to do.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try that. Thanks!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Great - I will certainly let you know when they arrive to me. ~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my charge as I had to sell because of lack of an answer.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora