Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Original,signed oil on canvas Manning I am interested in

Customer Question
Original,signed oil on canvas Thomas...
Original,signed oil on canvas Thomas Manning Moore I am interested in selling. Looking for appraiseal. Excellent condition
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
12/9/2015
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 2 years ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello, My name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Do you have a photo of the painting with a close up of the signature? I will also need measurements of the painting to give you an accurate value. I look forward to helping you.

The painting is 20"x 26" I don't know how to put pictures on computer from my phone. Could you help me through that?
or just give me the estimate with a very legible signature
who would I contact to auction this painting?
Are you still there
I did not recieve an answer from you so I am cancelling the payment
I don't believe $18.00 is all it is worth

Hello, I am sorry we had a storm come through . It is well worth more then $18.00 I haven't given the value as I waiting for photos. Thank you for the measurements. I will now evaluate the the size and if you wish to post photos there should be a paperclip to click on and follow the upload prompts or you can email the photos to***@******.*** in the subject line please put for ladytanya65 and they will forward them on to me.

Quick Facts for ***** *****

Birth / Death: 19/20th century

Methods for ***** *****

Easel Painting

Media for ***** *****

oil paint

Subjects for ***** *****

Landscape

Chronology for ***** *****

Early 20th Century Before 1950

Ok, I have a few paintings that have sold in the last 4 years at auction. They are 20" x 26" Prices ranged from $100.00 to 325.00 It seems snowscape paintings were on the higher end of value 200.00 to 325.00 and the landscapes between 100-250.00.

You did say you were interested in selling your painting. Here I have listed some of the auction houses that sold his paintings in the last few years. They would have a client base of who collects his works of art and may be able to help you in getting the most value for your painting.

Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc.*****br />Carmel, IN 46032
Known for
Fine art and antique auctioneers

Garth's Arts & Antiques*****br />P.O. Box 369
Delaware, OH 43015
Known for
Art and Antiques Auctions

Wiederseim Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 470
Chester Springs, PA 19425
Known for
Appraisal and Auctioneering services for catalogued and on-site sales of antiques, fine arts and accessories for individuals, estates, private collectors, and museums.

Please let me know if I may be of further help as I will be on the rest of the night here and back online tomorrow. The storm has passed and we are not to have another come through until late tomorrow afternoon. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Checking back to see if I may be of further service. If you have no further questions please let me know.

If I can be of further service please let me know. If I have answered you completely please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. Thank you

********

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site:

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful.If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser