Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a watch from my day and I want to value it, I've been

Customer Question

I have a watch from my day and I want to value it , I've been told it's a gold one
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that this is a hunter case pocket watch. There are some visual clues on the watch that I will need to ask you about in order for me to assess it further. Let me know (or add photos of );

marks on the inside of the case

marks on the dial

marks and numbers on the movement (the guts of the watch). There should be a lip on the cuvee/dust cover that allows you to pry that cover open with a thin knife.

You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Ghada,

Were you able to get photos of the watch?