Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a standing closet circa late 1800 to early 1900, made

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a standing closet circa late 1800 to early 1900, made in Germany. It belonged to my grandfather and is now housed with an aunt. How do I go about getting an appraisal on it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The closet is free standing, dark wood, walnut I believe, it has a mirrored front and a draw below, the top is hand carved, my mom told me it was a carving of the Kaisers hat, that may just be folklore. I intend to sell it since my aunt will be moving and I now need to get it out of her home.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yest how do I pay?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the piece you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to [email protected] with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do that later tonite, I am 72 and not tech savy. But, my son will be able to later. Will that be ok?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

That is not a problem at all. I look forward to hearing from you.

Frank