Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting by Maher Morcos that is 36 by 36 canvas

Customer Question

Customer: I have a painting by Maher Morcos that is 36 by 36 canvas size. It was purchased before 1980 in Memphis, TN. It is on canvas. It is signed on the
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: -- continuing -- It is signed on the front but on the back has a huge signature that appears to be in charcoal. I'm trying to determine the value of it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Antiques Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The average high auction estimate for a 36" x 36" original painting by Maher Naguib Morcos (born 1946) is $300 - $500 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $2000.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora