Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an Icon that my mother brought over after WWII. It

Customer Question

I have an Icon that my mother brought over after WWII. It was given to her by her grandmother. My mother is 84. Her grandmother gave it to her as she smuggled her out of Yalta ahead of Stalins troops retaking Ukraine from the Germans. My great grandmothers family were today's equivalent of upper middle class before the Bulshivic revolution. I have always wanted it appraised to know the true value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Do you have a photo of the back of this tray? Also are there any markings on the tray. This will all help in my evaluation and accurately valuing this for you. It is a beautiful piece and it is of Mother Mary. I look forward to helping you.