How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a writing slope (I believe it's called)that belonged

Customer Question

I have a writing slope (I believe it's called)that belonged to a major in the civil war. It is decorated in mother of pearl. The wood appears to be mahogany. The writing implements(an assortment ) are of mother of pearl. It appears to have a leather folder set in the lid for paper and envelopes . There are compartments lined in a velvet? material. Glass containers for ink with sterling silver lids. very decorative. Would you like pics?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Yes, I'd need to see some phtographs.