Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Can I get appraisal on this pitcher. It stands approx

Customer Question

Can I get appraisal on this pitcher. It stands approx 8" tall
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Is there an impression mark on the underside of the pitcher that is being washed out by the camera flash?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about that try this one
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I can see Made in Belgium. The maker name is ***** ***** can you see what it says exactly or can you send just a clear, in-focus, close-up of that maker mark please.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't make it out even with mag. glass. It appears to start with the letters Al but I am not sure.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please send a clear, in-focus close-up of just the maker name in different light. Best would be sunlight without flash.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you have another view of just the maker mark on the underside or if you would like an estimate based on comparables?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wanted to do it from outside with sunshine. Not today pouring rain
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

ok, great - I can wait as long as you need. Hope the sun starts shining in your area;)

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora,
Here is the picture from outside in sun. Thank You again
Randy
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Randy,

I am not able to read the maker name in this photo for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here and would be happg to help you. On the makers company name could you do a rubbing over the name in pencil on paper. That can sometimes help in reading the rubbing. i have found two pitchers that match but they they are both different names. Ild like to be exact if possible in giving you an.accurate value. Just a thought if we could read it better that way. Look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried that and it doesn't help. Lets just pass on this one.

ok Thank you letting me know just wanted to try and help.