Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

How would I know if my Jade buddha is worth anything

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size? And at your convenience, please send an in-focus image of the underside and back.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent 3 more pictures and just the Buddha without the bottom piece is 8 x 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the 3 other pictures and the size?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, thank you.

The is a later 20th century Buddha figurine that is made of molded polyresin and not hand carved stone.

On today's market, this has a high value of $25.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is it so heavy?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

They used ground stone powder as the base to the polyresin mixture, which would add heft, especially at the size of 8" x 8".

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I send you a few other pictures of a couple other things I have?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I would be happy to help you with any items, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here.

When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, I have a set of dolls from Holland and a pair of shoes from Holland, I will attach the photos. The shoes at 9 length x 4 and the dolls are 18 in length x 7
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please open a new question thread. I only assess one item or matched set per question here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora