Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have an oiled painting(has a name plate - Macus Stone) and

Customer Question
Hi. I have an oiled...
Hi. I have an oiled painting(has a name plate - Macus Stone) and wonder if it is real one and how much it will be if it is real one. My father got an oiled painting from bank president of City bank in late 1980 when he was a CFO at Korean 5th biggest company group. When I think his position(CFO at 5th biggest company group) and the person who gave him the painting(Bank president, not Korean), I guess it might be real one from Macus Stone, but not sure. Do you let me know how I can know this is real one or not? It's size is about 38cm x 28cm and the condition looks good.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
11/16/2015
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

This is a giclee print on canvas of the famous painting In Love by Marcus Stone(1840-1921) The original hangs in the Nottingham Gallery in England. This painting has been printed on everything, including good reproductions on canvas. This reproduction painting has a value of $125 to $150 currently.

It is important to click the stars after you read my answer.

I see that you have read my answer.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate me.

Rarewares
Rarewares