Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have inherited a watercolor painting which is unsigned.

Customer Question

I have inherited a watercolor painting which is unsigned. How do I find its value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This watercolor painting looks to have been painted in the 1980-1990 time period based on the style. It is likely a local painting that was done by an unlisted artist in the area where the person that owned it before you lived. It would be quite possible that it is signed under the double matting. The value of this painting by an unlisted, local artist is $40.00. If you do find a signature, take photos and I can re-assess.

It is important for you to click the stars after you read my answer.