Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a WW1 ration book with stamps intact. Also, spec pics

Customer Question

I have a WW1 ration book with stamps intact. Also, spec pics of the U.S.S. San Diego, Wisconsin, Kearsarge and the Utah. These pics were handed out on the ships. Is my memorabilia with anything?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Do you mean World War II?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, WW1 with stamps included. Book #3.

Hi Wendy,

Is it possible your ration book is from England? I can find no reference to rationing in the US during World War I.

England did practice rationing in World War I.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, it is from WW!!. Now, about the ships......these pictures were handed out to the Navy personnel. It lists how many "big guns", torpedoes, and crews, etc...... Thanks, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Your World War II ration Book #3, if it is in excellent condition, has a current retail (replacement or insurance) value of approximately $3. That's because they are not at all rare. Everyone had them. I have some of my parents' books.

Can you post an image of one of your ship photos, please?

Wendy,

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!