How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rarewares Your Own Question
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 9756
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Rarewares is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Monday wife & husband dealers came to my home & bought a lot

Customer Question

Monday wife & husband dealers came to my home & bought a lot of my antiques at what I feel was an extremely unfair price. I thought they came to look and price each object, but when they finished, the husband took me by surprise & offered me $800 and I said yes. I have not cashed the check yet because I am so upset. I am 80 and my husband is 85. I understood they would make a low offer, but I had Meissen & other things of that value. They took away 2 huge boxes. Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you can call them and say that you have made a big mistake. Legally, the check is legal tender and is considered a contract, so there is no legal recourse in this case because you have changed your mind on the sale. You can hope that they are nice people and will bring the items back to you.

It is important that you click the stars after you read my answer.