Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My husband received from s aunt a bisque, hand-painted cream

Customer Question

Hi, my husband received from his aunt a bisque, hand-painted cream and sugar set. They are in the shape of pears, stems and all. Handwritten on their bottoms:
Tiffany and Co.
Private Stock
Made in France
The artist's marking appears to be a backwards C and a C, back to back, resembling a curvy "X."
These have had me stumped for years. The aunt was born around 1912 and lived most of her adult life in France, so I'm assuming she picked them up there. The only Tiffany and Co. I am acquainted with is based out of New York and I haven't found any works of bisque. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I cannot give you the specific name of the artist because many artists have worked for the Tiffany studios.

I can explain the European location and value your cream and sugar if you send me a photo.

Will this be enough for you?

If so, here is how to send photos....

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.