Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a set of 8 bouillion cups with lids and 8 saucers & 8

Customer Question
side plates (6"). LS&S Limoges...
I have a set of 8 bouillion cups with lids and 8 saucers & 8 side plates (6"). LS&S Limoges with the green 7 point star and the red LS&S France mark. Any idea of value?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
10/31/2015
Antique Expert: Doris, Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please send me a photo of the marks on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Are you still there?

Yes, I am researching. Back in a few minutes.

Your bouillon cups are by a porcelain factory in Limoges, France and imported into the USA by Lazarus (not Lewis), Straus & Sons of New York. NY. The firm was in operation 1895-1925. Your cups were imported for the department store Mannheimer Bros of St Paul, Minnesota.

From my research I was able to determine the retail value of your exquisite set would be $600-700 assuming good condition.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com

Another method that could be very effective would be to place a classified in the "Maine Antique Digest" It has a large readership of collectors all across the country.

http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/advertising

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value if you choose to sell to a dealer.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to request me in the future, just type "Doris" at the first of the question.

Thank you.

I just found the green star means that the factory of Coiffe of Limoges made your china dated 1891-1914.

Kind regards,

Doris

Positive please.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris

Doris
Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser