Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I'd like Glenda. to answer this question. I have a

Customer Question

I'd like Glenda B. to answer this question. I have a rocker and am curious about the value and any information that you might have. I have pictures and will send them, but not sure howto attach to this message
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What a great rocker. Great Victorian Rocker, around 1910-15. Is this marked with a makers mark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to check it tomorrow. I'm babysitting for my grandson.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's not any type of makers mark on the rocker.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Thank you for the information.

The Antique Victorian Rocker, Hand Carved, looks to be Rose or Fruit Wood, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Glenda,
Thank you so much for the information. I wanted to let you know that I am going to cancel my membership, but it certainly has nothing to do with you. We don't really have any more antiques that we are curious about. We may pop up at a later date if we should acquire more antiques. Thank you for all of your help. Nancy
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nancy

I totally understand, if you do not mind waiting until after the first I would appreciate it, when a customer cancels, they take away all the money they paid out to the expert for that month. If you have already canceled it do not worry about it.

Hope you have a great Halloween!

GLenda