How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to send you a couple of photos of a dresser,and

Customer Question

hi. i'd like to send you a couple of photos of a dresser,and chest of drawers,and find out who the manufacturer was,and maybe a year it was made?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.



Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
Can you send a picture of the chest? Also are these pieces marked in anyway?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They only have a paper glued to the backs,that is illegible. However they all say pattern 1172 on them. Here's a couple of pics.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.


These were produced in the United States, most likely North Carolina. The largest furniture manufacturing area in the US, during the early part of the 20thC. This set is from the 1920-30's it is what is called Depression Era Furniture. I cannot tell you who made this since there are not markings to indicate a maker. I can value this for you if you like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks,but no thank you.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.