Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Is there somewhere I can send a picture(s)of an antique

Customer Question
chair for appraisal purposes? The chair...
Is there somewhere I can send a picture(s)of an antique chair for appraisal purposes?
The chair is has oriental tapestry and belonged to my great great grandmother or possibly her mother.
Please advise.
Warren
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
10/27/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the chair in it's entirety you may be able to send?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Franki sent several more pictures. Do those help? Looking forward to hearing something about my heirloom.Thanks
Warren

I received those photos last evening Warren, thank you.

Your tapestry arm chair would have been done in the Louis XIV style during a revival period in the 19th century. The gilded chair looks to date circa 1870's.The intricately carved chair looks to be composed of mahogany and in good to excellent condition would have a fair market or resale value of between 1500-2000USD.

In a brick and mortar antique shop you may find the chair valued at closer to 3,000USD.

From the photos, this piece looks to be in great shape, but any damage unseen in the photos would detract from the resale value.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Good Afternoon,I wanted to follow up with you on your question. I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for. Thank you for your time,Frank
Frank
Frank