Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Amphoria dug out of the 'Alphios' river in Frixia Elias

Customer Question

Amphoria dug out of the 'Alphios' river in Frixia Elias Greece in early 1900's. Family property. Ins.? Appraisel?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Age ? It is a village piece....
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers do not work for the just answer site. We come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. We are not at the Just Answer site, we are independent Appraisers who come to the site.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

For insurance purposes this will have to be looked at in person in order to date it and value it, you can find a list of appraisers at American Society of Appraisers, or International Society of Appraisers. They will need to take this and physically examine it in order to do an honest, ethical appraisal for insurance they also will have to be certified.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appraisers in Iowa?...
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What town in Iowa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waterloo Iowa
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

There do not seem to be very many appraisers in your area, is there another city or cities close to you I can check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waterloo Iowa
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I have searched the state for an appraiser that would be suitable for you in order to have this looked at. I cannot find one that would have expertise in this. I am going to suggest that you take this to your State Museum, the curator may be able to look at this for you or suggest a person in your area that can value this for you. I am also going to open this up to other experts on this site to see if one of them might know of someone you can contact in your area. I will opt out in order for this to open up to the others.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank-you....what process is used to find the age?