Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I am helping someone to sell a series of four original

Customer Question
paintings (on board) by Tyrus...
I am helping someone to sell a series of four original paintings (on board) by Tyrus Wong. He painted them on the set of a 50s Gene Autry show called Death Valley Days. They are all in the neighborhood of 11"x14." Some a little larger, some a little smaller.
I am trying to figure out what to price them at on Ebay. Would love to get a ballpark figure. Thanks, Kim
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
IMG_2002 (1).jpgIMG_200...jpgIMG_2008.jpgIMG_2008.jpgIMG_1998.jpgIMG_1998.jpgIMG_1999 (1).jpgIMG_199...jpg
I'm assuming it's better to sell them as a set. Also, if there is somewhere better to list than Ebay, I'd love to hear it.
Answered in 2 days by:
10/22/2015
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 2 years ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Tyrue Wong is a legendary Chinese American painter, concept artist, motion picture production illustrator, and kite builder. He is best known for his work on Walt Disney's feature animated film Bambi. His strikingly beautiful concept paintings and sketches continue to influence generations of animation artists and designers. Tyrus Wong was born in Canton (now Guangzhou), China in 1910, not long before the country was thrown into turmoil by the fall of the Chinese Empire. In 1919, he and his father emigrated to America. They left behind Tyrus's mother and sister, never to see them again. In 2001, Tyrus was named a Disney Legend. He is still alive today from what I have found 105. With the size of the paintings I would say to start them at 150.00 each (or 600.00 for the set) if on Ebay and see where the auction goes. Another site I feel would be better is Etsy.com It is more of an ad site rather then an auction. And, it is vintage and antique. If I may be of further help please let me know.

Hello if I can be of further help please let me know and when you have a chance please rate my answer as this is how I am paid on the site. Thank you and I am happy to help so please ask if you have further questions. Tanya

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser