LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I want to know an approximate value,age,s name, and origin

Customer Question

I want to know an approximate value,age,his name, and origin of this bronze statue. He is made of bronze and is 6+ inches tall with no makers mark that I can find
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. Can you post a photo of the bottom of the statue. I would like to see if it is hollow and what the bottom looks like. These were made for alter statues and I believe he is monkey man. I will do some research and await your further photos. Thank you and I look forward to helping you.

This is Monkey Man a mythical creature in 1700-early 1800 in the forests and jungles of Bali, India and surrounding areas. It was a folklore tale of a creature that ran through villages and attacked people. It was thought that men had an evil side (monkey man) and a good side (God) the two fought to control the one man and whatever he did could be attributed to one or the other. This is in good shape for the age and the value is 450.00 to 500.00 If I can be of further service please let me know. Thank you