Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

On a blue and plate marks are a crown not decorative

Customer Question

On a blue and white plate marks are a crown not decorative underneath is an entwined z and g also a name looks like dol?Ts. Said to come from dinner serving piece.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see the photo of the plate (I think the original query only allowed one picture), please also add one of the mark on the back by now using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the marking
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a decorative charger made by the Zenith factory in Gouda, Holland circa 1946-1950. This factory was in business from 1915 to 1984, and began making the blue and white Delft for the North American market after the war. This is considered Zenith Delft in antique lingo. It was not from a dinner service , but was made as a decorative hanging plate.Other marks indicate it is shape number 752 and is painted with the Z design by artist with initials LB (unknown). This piece has a value of $200 to $300 us dollars.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.