Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a trunk in very good condition. It has many travel

Customer Question

Hello, I have a trunk in very good condition. It has many travel destination stickers on it like Cunard Lines, as well as a number of European Hotels. It appears to be a trunk that may be dated on or around 1900. It has a cloth covered "drawer" that sits inside. The only other marking on it, is a label that says: Spaulding Genuine Hard Vulcanized Trunk Fiber. L 27 in., H 9 in.,W 15 in. Can you give me any info about this trunk, or it's approximate value?
Thank you,
Laury
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

A circa 1900 steamer trunk of this size by Spaulding would sell for $150 - $225 on today's auction market.

~Nora