Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have some antique or vintage furniture, home decor, and

Customer Question
Hello. I have some antique...
Hello. I have some antique or vintage furniture, home decor, and costume jewelry and am wondering the best way to get appraisals and to eventually sell the various items. I've attached one picture of a 5 piece bedroom set. Can you provide an appraisal value and some guidance on steps I should take to sell my many items?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
10/18/2015
Antique Expert: Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the rest of the set you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,

Frank
Hello. Here are pics for the rest of the set
bedroom chair.jpgbedroom...jpgchest of drawers.JPGchest o...JPGheadboard.JPGheadboard.JPGnightstand.jpgnightst...jpg

Excellent,

Thank you very much for sending over those photos.

From what I can see in the pictures your bedroom set is mid 20th century reproduction based off of late 18th and early 19th century designs that include Sheraton, Hepplewhite and Empire influences.

This is a common component of American furniture constructed in the mid to early 20th century, as nuances from these periods were in favor with many buyers who owned old pieces their families handed down.

If you were to attempt to sell the set yourself using a local listing or a craigslist ad, a realistic fair market value would be somewhere in the(###) ###-####SD range.

In a retail shop you could as much as double that value. Which is why I would recommend a possible consignment of the furniture to a local resale shop if you are having trouble selling the set yourself.

Furniture can sometimes be a burden to ship or to move which makes it tough for a private seller to sell it on their own.

The consignment, though you are paying a fee, would enable you to get a higher price and not have to worry about shipping costs or moving the pieces.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your bedroom set .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Thank you Frank. I have questions about the service offered. I have a number of decorative home items and antique costume jewelery. What is the best way to use your services? For the jewelery for instance, do I need to submit for an appraisal piece by piece?

For that number of pieces I would recommend using a monthly subscription, it would be the best bang for your buck. You would need to open a new question for each item or set of items, Lets say you have a matching set of rings, earrings and necklace, that would be a a part of one question.

Thank you again for any feedback you can leave for my service today.

Frank

Frank
Frank