Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I bought a mantel clock,wind up,3 key wind, laminated, says

Customer Question
I bought a mantel clock,wind...
I bought a mantel clock,wind up,3 key wind, laminated wood, says British made, Windsor on front number 24319 engraved on movement. I cannot find it anywhere on-line. Seller said 1930s?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 2 days by:
10/17/2015
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Hello,My name is ***** ***** be happy to help you.
.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I have submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

What are you wanting to know about this clock, are you wanting current market value?

Sorry been busy here lately. I do not plan to sell it, but that would be good info, if you have some idea.I really would like to know when and where it was made, brief history. It is working great and the Wife is really enjoying having it. Thanks.

Hello

Can you open the clock to see what names are ***** ***** workings of the clock. It seems that several places made the Windsor Mantle clock, some were made in England and many made in the United States.

Glenda

It says "British Made" but no other specifics, no year or anything. I cannot find its like anywhere on the internet. I have looked at several hundreds of mantel clock photos and found very few Windsors and fewer veneered with 15 min chimes/3 key wind. It seems like most of the makes gave each style a name. But I cannot find that either.

Was this on the inside in the works of the clock, or just on the face?

On the works inside.

Hello

I will see what I can find, I will do some more research I also have a contact who deals in antique and vintage clocks he may have some insight.

Glenda

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur