Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a L. Rugerri floral oil painting which is huge 4ft gh…

Customer Question
I have a L. Rugerri...
I have a L. Rugerri floral oil painting which is huge 4ft high and 3 ft wide framed in a baroque frame of gilded gold I inherited this piece of art would like to know more about it and its value
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
10/13/2015
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

This has a high value of $400 - $600 on today's market.

~Nora

I have seen these paintings from Rugerri 8x10 going for that amount but not a 4ft high by 3ft wide which is substantially larger and you say 400 to 600 the 8 x 10 was 300 to 400 I do not accept this appraisal kindly refund my money

The prices you are coming across are asking prices and not actual sale prices, which can be vastly different. Ruggeri signed paintings were produced for commercial decorator purposes. They are not works collected for investment purposes.

~Nora