Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I purchased this work of art at an anitique store in Las

Customer Question

Hi Tim
I purchased this work of art at an anitique store in Las Vegas back in 2002 or 2003. The art work attracted me from the start. For some odd reason I remember from childhood that there was an artist who painted red roof scenes from Europe.
The seller stated that they acquired the artwork from an estate sale in Vegas and knew nothing else. There is no certificate of authenticity available nor any provenance.
The painting is an etching with water coloring applied for color.
This piece is signed but I can not decipfer the signature. It is mounted on a wood board permanently and when getting it professionally matted and framed we could not remove the paper to see if there were any additional markings. The only mark from what I can tell is on the lower right hand side. It is of the letter " V " facing this way " > " To be honest I am not sure if this is an extra marking or just part of the actual painting.
The piece hangs in my living room and has not lost any color from
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you decider the signature of the artist who did this work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible to determine value?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For insurance purposes of course. As I continue to collect I fear not being able to have my artwork collection covered.
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question. I will see if I can decipher the signature.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so very much Tim. If you need any other info or more pictures I can certainly provide that. I thank you for using your expertise so very much.

I am can not make out the signature either. The subject id Dutch, possibly Amsterdam. I will opt out, maybe one of the other members of the team will recognize the artist.