Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I purchased two oil paintings from an antique dealer in

Customer Question

I purchased two oil paintings from an antique dealer in Montgomery, AL back in the 60's and do not know the artist. Dealers told me they bought them from a vet stationed in Germany during WWII which he found in the attic of an old house. The paintings are a hanging hare on one; the other pheasants and net bags. Each one is painted on wooden panels about 18 inches by 32 inches long. The colors are vivid. The panels are carved about 5 inches wide that frame the painted panels all in one piece of wood. The wood looks like maybe English Oak. Please provide the name of an artist who could have painted these.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora