Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I was wanting to sell my parents china back about 1930's.

Customer Question

I was wanting to sell my parents china back about 1930's. Its so pretty but too fragile for daily use. Its been packed away for years since they passed. I just want to see if its worth any big money before I go selling it for cheaper. Is there anywhere I can go and show someone all of it? Mary Ann
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

Who made it and how many pieces do you have and what are they?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The maker is L&M on some of it. Pompadaur China. And then the majority of it is Cherry China. And.....some of it says Bond Fine China. A few pieces anyways. To me, it all looks the same really. One thing I am upset alittle about though, and maybe I misunderstand, I didn't think I was going to be charged other than the $5.00. I thought it meant, after I found out what its worth and if I was happy with the results, then I would have to pay the other $33.00 . It actually hurt my account and put me in the negative because I had no money in there. So I got charged a fee. Please do not debit my account anymore Glenda. I am a very broke person and looking for a job. But anyways, if you could still give me your answer about the worth of my deceased moms china. Maybe I overlooked it if you did already. I am not the best on computers. Sorry. And thank you. Mary Ann
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh yeah, I have 8 dinner plates in the Cherry China. 8 bread and butter, 1 big vegetable oval bowl, 1 big serving platter, 8 saucers, 8 soup bowls, 8 fruit/dessert bowls, and 10 teacups. A few extra odds and ends. Should I tell you what I have in the Bond Fine China, and L&M? Thank you for still helping me. Mary Ann. My number is(###) ###-####if you would rather talk on phone or if you can.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 years ago.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

You should contact customer service about your account before you precede. There could be more charges, and you need to talk to them, not me since I do not work for that site.

Also just to let you know we do one item per question, so one item would be all the china that has the same name, the other pieces with other names would be a different item.

Glenda