Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

Puzzle #2: I have attached pictures of a Wedgewood dish

Customer Question
Hi Robert :) Puzzle #2...
Hi Robert :) Puzzle #2: I have attached pictures of a Wedgewood dish "signed" by "Lord Wedgewood". It was my grandmother's companion's (Nan, from Scotland). Can you make any sense of it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
10/7/2015
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! Nancy, thanks for "Puzzle #2", I'm fairly certain I can explain this one, I've seen these Lord Wedgwood signed pieces before. Could you very kindly re-attach the photos, apparently they didn't 'stick' the first time.

Many thanks,
Robert

Hi Nancy, thanks for the photos, three came through, though two were the same image.

I'll need one of the top and bottom of the piece too so I can see the design.

Also, could you make them bigger? They are coming through thumbnail size.

Many thanks,
Robert

Thanks, ***** ***** think I confused you. I could not see the item very well as the images are coming through so small. Actually I see that I need a photo of the top.

Nice and big if you can make it that way.

I hope these come through larger.
Unknown-8.jpegUnknow...jpegUnknown-7.jpegUnknow...jpegUnknown-6.jpegUnknow...jpegUnknown-5.jpegUnknow...jpeg

Still the same size, I'm afraid.

No problem, I'll work with those, all I need is a photo of the other side of this piece....

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/gCAN09GL/Unknown-8.jpeg

then I should be good to go.

Many thanks,

Robert

I'm not sure why you haven't gotten these . I have sent the pics of the top and bottom several times...

Hi Nancy,

I'm so sorry you have to keep re-posting the photos, I am not sure what is going on.

I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so I don't have anything to do with the daily operations of the site and in many ways I'm just a customer like you. I use JustAnswer as a marketing tool to bring the appraiser (me) and client (you) together so you can avail of specialized antiques and fine arts expertise that's usually not available locally.

Your only recourse, I'm afraid, is to contact Customer Support, phone number 1.***-***-**** to have them explain why your photos aren't attaching as they should.

And you can, of course, at any time if you wish cancel the Question and ask for a refund of your good faith $5 deposit which you are owed since you did not get an answer.

Meanwhile, just one last clarification: is this one

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/PIAxEppQ/Unknown-6.jpeg

the top of this one?

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/2ODmeENu/Unknown-5.jpeg

...I ask because it looks like a different color.

Let me hear back and we'll go from there.
Robert

Robert S.
Robert S.