Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Doris

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Welcome back!

I cannot tell what this is from the partial photo of it. Please send me a photo that shows the entire piece. Please mark top of it with a note.

I also need measurements.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a wall hanging and it measures 38 inches long and 26 inches wide. It is brittle and some of the pieces have come off. I am wondering if it is worth repairing. I have the missing pieces. Thank you!
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

From my research, I was able to determine that your wall shelf hanging has a retail antiques store value of about $2600-2900 once repaired. It dates late 19thC....see photo.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris