Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a small oval table with a glass tray (serving tea?)

Customer Question

I have a small oval table with a glass tray (serving tea?) that comes off. I am wondering if it is worth having it appraised
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

The glass does no show up in the photo. Is it framed with wood?

What are the dimensions of the table?

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Did my message come through?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
27 inches long 17 inches wide and high. The glass was framed in wood with two handles, unfortunately my husband broke the glass
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

My research indicates that your late 19th/early 20thC tray top table has a retail antiques store value of $1200-1400 assuming the glass is replaced.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have this table that the legs come out and make it a full size table could you please appraise it for me also? I was absolutely thrilled with your appraisal for the tea table
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This table is 32 inches wide, 42 inches long and 30 inches tall
Thank you
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

I am so sorry but it is against site policy not to stack questions like this. You will need to start a new question to be answered.

I would be delighted to help you with your new question. Just type "Doris" at the very first of the question.

Please do not forget my need for a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work. It costs you nothing extra.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have three new appraisals for you. I could not get on to send the pictures.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.

It is against the site - Just Answer - policy to stack questions. I am not able to answer further new questions once I have answered the original question.

You will need to go back to the log in and enter your three questions separately.

I would be happy to help you. You will need to type my name at the beginning of each new question.

Please do not forget my need for a positive rating on this question. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work. It costs you nothing extra.

Kind regards,

Doris