Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a painting of a monkeyboy on a island blowingahorne

Customer Question

I have a wood painting of a monkeyboy on a island blowingahorne with a drum under his left arm red cap jacket blue shirt and knee length pants
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Monkeys acting as humans in art are referred to as "Singerie" which is a French term. This humanization of monkeys is popular.

Here is a link for you about "Singerie":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singerie

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This painting is 40 by 30 inches no signature found
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not helping me .if you are an expert onsingerie send me a photo of (my painting ) who painted .what time painted .possible price table
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your answers ( please be more brief thank you)
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora