Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I just bought this jewelry box at a garage sale. I paid $5

Customer Question

I just bought this jewelry box at a garage sale. I paid $5 for it was wondering if it was worth more. It's porcelain stamped mm made in Japan. Looking for an answer as soon as possible thank you
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have measurements
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Both photos are of the top of the box. I would like to see one of the mark on the bottom. Use the ADD FILES button to add another picture.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is the top
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Oops! That is a third one of the top. I asked for the bottom where it is marked.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I think I have right this time
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. This is a generic importer mark meant to mimic the Morimura Nippon mark. It was used from 1950 through the 1970's. The design is a transfer of chintz florals over a lustre glaze. This box has a value of $15.00 to $20.00.