Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have some antiques that I would like to sale. How do I go

Customer Question

I have some antiques that I would like to sale. How do I go about finding someone to talk about this. I have some pictures, some furniture and some antiques nick naks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

We handle items on an individual basis so we could start with the first item of interest here and move on to the other pieces you may have questions about in subsequent questions.

Photos are the best insight into what you have and give me the best ability to give you a precise evaluation.

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.

The first photo came through, thank you very much.

Are there any damages to the three of those pieces?

Best,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is one of the photo.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

From the photo your side tables and your hall stand with mirror would have been based on antique designs from the 19th century, but their production date would have been in the midst of a revival period in the mid 20th century.

The Hall stand with mirror would have a resale value of 250-300SUD. The side tables would value between 55-70USD each in excellent condition.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage furniture.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I send 8 photos. Do you received them all? I sent 4 at a time.
Steve
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve,

From what I can see in the photos you have a multitude of framed prints.

If you would like indivdual appraisals on each piece, you would need to open a new question and I can get to work for you on the pieces in question.

If you are looking for just a synopsis, I can handle that here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First should I sale these items though Craig's list or do you know someone that I can take them too. Yes I would like an appraisal on each one unless there is a way to sale all of them at one time.
Thanks
Steve
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hey Steve,

From what I can see, there does not seem to be a whole lot of value there. Lots of prints dating from the 50's and 60's.

You could sell the pieces as a lot in a local auction house who would be able to give you a value for the pieces as a lot.

You could also try selling the lot on a website like ebay.com

You most likely will see between 250-350USD for the lot "as is", but if you would lie to open up new questions for each piece, I can get evaluations completed on each.

Thank you for any feedback you can leave for my service today on this question.

All the best,

Frank