Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have my grandmother's porcelain fruit stand that was given

Customer Question

I have my grandmother's porcelain fruit stand that was given to her for her wedding in 1923. I am looking to get a valuation. The porcelain fruit stand stands about 2.5 feet in height with multiple figurines and flowers also made out of porcelain. I can send you a picture if you would like.
Any idea what it would appraise at?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the fruit stand and any marks on the bottom. You can do this by using the ADD FILES button towards the bottom right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zzzzzzzii did add a picture. see original e-mail. it's attached in the orginal email. there are no marks at the bottomthanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

There are no photos here, so if you could please attach a picture of this piece or email to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that thy will forward to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attaching another picture. Thanks
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a porcelain centerpiece made in Dresden, Germany by Carl Thieme of Potschappel, Germany between the years of 1913 to 1920 when his studio was most prolific and making the monumental pieces. The value of this piece is $1750 retail and $5250 for an insurance/replacement value.

Please do click the stars to rate me.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Did you have anymore questions about this piece?

If not, please do click the stars so that I will be credited for my time. It is much appreciated and I do hope to work with you again (just ask for rarewares at the beginning of the next question).