Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have Noritake china pattern Rosamar the complete set I

Customer Question

I have Noritake china pattern Rosamar the complete set I need to know how much this is worth. I inherited it from my deceased mother-in-law and we are liquidating all household items. It is a beautiful set, but we are moving ourselves and cannot take it with us.Thank you for your help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This pattern was made from 1957 through 1975 when it was discontinued. In excellent condition your Noritake china set would value as follows:cup and saucer set 10 dollars, dinner plate 20 dollars, salad plate 6 dollars, bread and butter plate 5 dollars, fruit/dessert bowl 5 dollars, soup bowl 10 dollars, creamer 10 dollars, sugar bowl with lid 10 dollars, oval vegetable bowl 35 dollars, round vegetable bowl 30 dollars, oval serving platter 35 dollars, large oval serving platter 50 dollars, salt and pepper set 45 dollars, gravy boat with under plate 35 dollars.

When selling online, it is usually best to try and sell by the piece so that people can replace items in sets that they already have. I understand that it is too late for you to try that if you haven't already.

The best thing to do in your case is to find a local auction house and let them sell the set for you. In 14 to 45 days, they would send you a check for the sale price minus 10 to 20 percent commission. To find someone in your area, just Google "auctioneers in *your nearest large city*" and that will give you a good list of auctioneers.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. Did you have anymore questions about this set?

If not, please do click the stars so that I will be credited for my time. It is much appreciated and I do hope to work with you again (just ask for rarewares at the beginning of the next question).