Antiques

Have Antique Repair Questions? Ask an Antique Appraiser

Antiques

I have a myles birkett and am curious as to its value. It is

Customer Question
I have a myles birkett...
I have a myles birkett foster and am curious as to its value. It is titled the haywain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
9/30/2015
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! This is Robert here, thanks for asking me about your Myles Birkett Foster, I would be happy to help. Do you happen to know if it's an original or a print, or would you like me to tell you which it is?

Either way, could you very kindly attach a photo and a close-up of the detail.

Also, what are the dimensions? (not including the frame)

Once you have the photos in your computer just click on the paperclip icon (located above the text box where you are typing to me) to attach them.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert

PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. Thanks, R.

I have the photographs but cannot locate your email or the paper clip

Okay, no problem, I understand. The best thing to do is to upload your pictures to a free public picture hosting site and then give me the link so I can use it to go to where you uploaded them. This is the one I find easiest to use -just three clicks and a copy and paste and you are done.

Go to http://www.imgur.com/

(no need to 'log in' or 'register' it makes it too complicated)

Click on Computer

Select the pictures you want to send me from the box that pops up.

Hit open.

Click on Start Upload

And then copy the link they give you. It will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxxxxx and it's located right under where it says Share Link and paste it here where you are typing to me.

(If you have uploaded multiple photos on one Imgur.com link, copy the URL in the browser bar at the top of your screen, otherwise I get just one photo)

Hope this helps!

Robert

for some reason this link does not work so can I have an email address to send please otherwise I will discontinue this search.

No problem, you can by all means email them to me, it just takes a little longer.

The only email that works is:

*****@******.***

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" the site as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert

Robert,As suggested I have sent the photographs by email to***@******.*** and have received an acknowledgment that they have received the email.Thanks.

Thanks for the update. I'll let you know as soon as they've been sent on to me.

Meanwhile, can you give me the dimensions (not including the frame).

Robert.

This is just to let you know I have received the photos, thanks so much.

http://i.imgur.com/SBejy9a.jpg

Can you give me the dimensions of the picture, not including the mount or frame.

It looks like this is a print rather than original artwork.

Do you happen to know whether it's a print or the original watercolor painting?

If you are not sure, I can explain how you can tell.

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Robert

Robert S.
Robert S.