Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have an Austere style Brass bed, full sized. I was told

Customer Question

I have an Austere style Brass bed, full sized. I was told there was a time in history when the high foot board was not fashionable and people cut them basically in half so it was low.
I got this bed from an 80 yr old man who had used it his entire adult life until about a year ago. I am certain the head and foot boards are brass and the rails are just misc metal. Sadly, I have to sell it. How do I determine how much to ask for it? I do not want someone to melt it for scrap!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link for you to a comparable (similar but not matching) brass bed frame that sold for $1000:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/brass-bed-frame-526365008

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora