Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have an antique desk I'm considering selling and I have

Customer Question

I have an antique desk I'm considering selling and I have not been able to locate a manufacturer's label of any kind on it. All I know is that it was my great grandmothers. It's got four drawers stacked on both sides, the right side has a double drawer, and then the central thin drawer in the center. The drawer faces are an almost striped wood, and it's been stained and lacquered. It's in pretty good shape. All original pulls, probably brass. They're round with some sort of fleur de lis fruit in a strange basket. It's hard to tell. The fronts of the desk are rounded out, except the center drawer, it rounds in. It also has a glass top that covers the entire top of the desk to put keepsakes or photos in.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antique furniture for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is a nice quality Federal style Mahogany desk circa 1920-1930s. Similar desks in age and quality are selling for $400-600 at auction.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,